– a plan of action designed to achieve a long-term or overall aim.
Creating a viable strategy is an on going process as unknowns become known and the environment you work in is constantly changing creating more unknowns. Spending the appropriate amount of time adjusting for the changing landscape is a necessary goal.
Developing your plan requires
- Knowing the current state of the industry
- Deciding what you want to do and where you want to go
- Determining potential a routes to take
- Validating that the routes you like to take will work given how the industry is changing
The route you take is most often never the route that you plan to take and your destination is often never exactly where you intended to go. The key part is having a goal and trying a route. Most ideas never get off the ground due to people just talking about it. Focus on keep making progress rather then focusing on what has not been done.
If you find that your original idea does not have a reasonable route to achieve your goals then going back to the drawing board to rediscover what you are looking to build is part of the process.
After you have a strategy its time to start thinking of designing potential solutions for your consumer.